Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2002:
[aclug-L] Northrock 14 Digital Projector / Star Wars: Episode II- Attack

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Northrock 14 Digital Projector / Star Wars: Episode II- Attack of the Clones
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 16:33:24 -0500

Just got home from seeing the 12 noon (05/17/02) showing of Star Wars:
Episode II- Attack of the Clones with their new digital projector and my
wife and I have to ask a question... is the movie really that dark?  Its
like somebody needed to turn up the contrast or brightness because there
were many scenes where we could not make out the main actors faces and where
the "JEDI" robes that should of been a dark brown looked black.

IF it was not due to where I was sitting I think that I might of gotten up
and said something about how dark the picture was during the showing... but
the couple sitting to the right of me said something about the dark picture
to each other and the young kids sitting in front of me also said something
to each other.

Now maybe the images found on the web of a number of the scenes that I have
seen come to mind might of  had the brightness increased due to the direct
viewing of the computer monitor?? But due to this one kind of expected the
images on the screen to be just as bright.

My wife and I have gone to the Northrock 6/14 a number of times the past
year.. we really don't know what to think about the way that the movies that
we have seen were being displayed. (going back a few weeks when the movie
"The Scorpion King" was released the audio playback was messed up and
sounded 'MONO' (note: said something to Jim [the manager] who at the time
was banging on the west popcorn popper.)

--David