Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: 802.11b in Linux

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: 802.11b in Linux
From: "Stephen S" <junkmail001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 22:58:23 -0500

  I'm not sure what brand the access point is.
It's in the office at the coffee house. (Bean Scene)
It's set up so that anyone with an 802.11b card can
walk in, fire up their computer, and surf.

  It works flawlessly in windows. The network name
is "beanscene" and it seems to be on channel 3.

  I just can't figure out what prog I need to run to get
Linux to sniff out the connection. Or what config file
to edit to make it work.

  This seems to be one of the things Windows has
automated better than Linux. Unless there is a prog
that I'm overlooking.

Stephen S.

----- Original Message -----=20