Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Linux and Creationism...

To: "'discussion@xxxxxxxxx'" <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Linux and Creationism...
From: Chris Brown <chrisb@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:21:47 -0500

Well all, I'll give my two cents now.

I am wiccan. I am offended by the stupidity of anyone from any creed to
blindly accept written (okay posted) word. I said anyone and I meant it.

Now, having grown up a PK (preacher's kid) I've seen pamphlets, heard
sermons and been to workshops with the exact intent, tone and amount of
information contained on that site. It is absolutely along the line of the
"Blessed Sanctified", i.e. those who believe they have been touched by god's
spirit and "set aside" from the world to do good in the world. (I'm not
kidding that's a real definition from a major christian sect's theological
books)

My opinion is it is a real site, hosted by someone who "has a friend" and is
in all seriousness doing this for the "good of mankind" to futher
evangelize, etc. There's too much work in the "4 kids" section, and I've
seen the Game theory information before, in high school, based on Pascals's
acting as apologist for this.

This tone of voice is really perfectly in line with some of the more radical
lines of evangelical christianity. (and all sects have them. Believe me, My
mother is a song evangelist and I've been to Methodist church "revivals" of
all things that would shame some of the charismatic churches I've seen)

(kicking the teak-inlaid brass bound soapbox back under the bed)

Chris