Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: FW: This Game Could Be Your Future

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: FW: This Game Could Be Your Future
From: bbales <bbales@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:23:49 -0500

On Friday 12 April 2002 10:09 am, you wrote:
> rpm -Fvh whatever.rpm will upgrade packages that are already installed to a
> newer version. You can use this command after you have, say, gone out to
> updates.redhat.com and gotten all the latest rpm files for your
> distribution. After fixing any obvious dependancies, it will update any
> package that you have installed, for which you have downloaded/have net
> access to, an update. The point being, you shouldn't have to remove
> anything, just get the latest version and update it.
>
> ja
Thanks, John.  I couldn't find an RPM of the new gphoto; only a .tar.gz.  So
I wound up doing rpm -e old-gphoto.rpm and doing ./configure, make, make
install on the new gphoto.

Discovered that the new one still doesn't support my camera either.  So I'll
wait for another release.
 Thanks again,  bruce