Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: FW: This Game Could Be Your Future

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: FW: This Game Could Be Your Future
From: bbales <bbales@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 18:13:49 -0500

*************[snip]***********
> ITWORLD.COM NEWSLETTER ARCHIVE
>
> Index of Linux Desktop Applications
> http://itw.itworld.com/GoNow/a14724a56198a76028222a7

************[/snip]***************

This question comes up now and then and I would like to have more information
to go on than my own guess.

In the index of linux desktop applications in Dale's forward, is a program
that I think I can use - gphoto.  The article talks about version 2.  On my
computer (RH7.2) I have version 0.4.3-13.  Should I remove the older version
before trying to install the newer one?  The older one doesn't cover my
camera.  Is there a general rule to cover this - Like always, or suggested,
or don't bother?

I think this one will be easy to remove, since it shows up with rpm -q.

Possible tornado in Newton right now.