Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2002:
[aclug-L] new aclug website

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] new aclug website
From: Tom Hull <thull@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 11:48:43 -0600

I announced this to webdev yesterday, but I think a broader
announcement is worthwhile. John Alexander and I put a new
ACLUG webserver onto the net yesterday. This is the openacs-
based prototype that I have been working on. You should be
able to reach it at:

  http://aclug.notwerk.net/

or

  http://216.171.140.169/

This is a community-type site, where we encourage users to
register, participate, and contribute new information to the
community through the website. Please don't limit yourself
to lurking: register and start to use the user features
(directory, workspace, homepage, bookmarks). There are a
lot of things you can't do yet, and there are things that
you can do but haven't been properly linked up yet (like
bookmarks). We also haven't figured out an organization
for contributed content. But the site is usable, and I
hope you try it out, write down any suggestions you have
and send them to webdev@xxxxxxxxx or discussion@xxxxxxxxx.

If you would like to work on developing the website, the
first thing to do is to subscribe to webdev@xxxxxxxxx.
Then start digging through the doc.

Right now, the webmaster is John Alexander (wicjra0 at
alexicom.org).

--
/*
 *  Tom Hull * thull at kscable.com * http://www.tomhull.com/