Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Ideas and thoughts

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Ideas and thoughts
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 13:06:25 -0600

I've been thinking about this for the few weeks, and while I don't yet have a
plan in mind, I think this could be a great sub-topic to get into.  I'm thinking
of SOHO and even enterprise if there is enough interest.  There's an number of
things I'm interested in, but I haven't found time to do all the research. It
would be handy to bounce things off others with similar business needs.

> On an organizational note, I've never been to a meeting.  And, to be honest,
> I'm not sure that I'll ever attend one.  I can understand all of the
> frustrations that have been stated in recent messages.
>
> Organizations like UGs are _always_ in a state of flux.  Maybe it's time to
> have quarterly (or monthly) meetings and try to develop more of an online
> presence through the website.  Maybe we could "meet" on discussion boards.

One idea that hasn't been suggested is IRC. We have a permanent chat room on
irc.openprojects.net #aclug, or it would be trivial to run our own irc server
off the major network if so desired.  We could have monthly scheduled meetings
on a variety of topics, and also hold open discussion nights.

Comments?

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx