Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Teach Your Kids Linux

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Teach Your Kids Linux
From: "tractor" <tractor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 09:13:08 -0600

I heartily agree.
My daughter (age10) and I are getting involved with SchoolForge, which is a
meta-community of folks who are promoting open source software for use by
children in schools.  The group includes the Debian Jr. project, Simple End
User Linux and many other groups.

check out http://www.linuxforkids.org/

Many of us are still locked into proprietary software, so there needs to be
a migration path to the Linux platform and the open source world.  I think
SchoolForge will help lead the way, but much help is needed.  It would be
cool for aclug and other lugs to get envolved. *hint-hint*

You can find these developers on irc.openprojects.net
#schoolforge and #debian-jr

pardon me for top posting...i'm er...still using outl**k.
tractor