Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2002:
[aclug-L] Looking for suggestions

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Looking for suggestions
From: Matt Pankratz <mattp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 15:14:15 -0600 (CST)

Greetings,

I'm looking for some suggestions concerning an SMTP project I'm working on.

I'd like to implement an SMTP gateway with the following functionality:

Virus Protection / Scanning
Content Filtering
Spam Filtering

I've had experience with this in the past but with traditional commercial
software.  I'd like to be able to do a cost analysis between the two and
present it.

I've done a bit of research on some of the available open-source software
packages.  But I'd like any input / experiences that might be out there.

I'd like to stay with SendMail for the MTA because I'm familiar with it and it
seems to have good support and security.

What I am not familiar with is the Virus Protection / Filtering side of things.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Matt Pankratz