Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: FW: Defeat the Windows Monopoly, Teach Your Kids Linux

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: FW: Defeat the Windows Monopoly, Teach Your Kids Linux
From: John Reinke <jmreinke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 00:42:40 -0600

I whole-heartedly agree:  expose children to Linux as early as
possible. That way, they will instantly notice the limitations of
Windows the first time they see it.

My daughter Emma (now nine months) has been working at the Linux
command line since she was five months old. (I captured and saved
those first few terminal sessions for posterity.) She's not at all
afraid of the command line, and prefers the bash shell.

Further, the high contrast coloring of stuffed penguins make
excellent toys for newborns and adults alike. My daughter loves
playing with my penguin collection, and only takes her eyes off of
them when she notices the keyboard is within reach.

Choose your mascots wisely. Would you prefer to let your children
play with that annoying perky paperclip, or a cute, cuddly penguin?

John