Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Why Linux will win and Micro$oft will lose

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Why Linux will win and Micro$oft will lose
From: "David Wibowo" <dxwibowo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 10:36:43 -0600

Just want to add little note

Basically MS windows OS & Unix like OS is targeted to different user.
MS  Windows is targeted to those who don?t know or little know about
computer. (the common people)
While Unix is targeted to Those who know computer (educated, most likely
Computer lover)

When you see that way, Now it make sense why Window make the program so easy
(and sometimes not  reliable) while Unix more to the fictional (better
design)

Product like Lindows try to solve the problem (easy yet better design). We
don?t know yet if this going to success or not.

Unless Linux or Unix product is made easy, The common people will not use
it. And unless MS Window is improving it will not stopping people switching
to better OS.

I use both OS. I just try to do my best in the strength of each OS. The
Lindows is seem appealing to me.

David Wibowo
dxwibowo@xxxxxxxxxxx