Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2001:
[aclug-L] Sick Computer...

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Sick Computer...
From: "Burt Humburg" <bhumburg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 17:47:15 -0600

Hi everyone. My stupid Windoze box just died, but it's a software thing and
I think I can recover...

...the problem is that in order for Windows 98 to get off its ass and
install itself, I have to remove the bootloader LILO that now occupies the
master boot record (or something). (Specifically, the warning was that the
Windoze installer wouldn't work on a drive that was compressed, etc. Remove
the compression and try again.)

Can someone brief me on how to remove LILO such that my bootability is as it
was before Linux was installed?

Thanks!

BCH