Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 2001:
[aclug-L] FYI, Cox & excite@home related

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] FYI, Cox & excite@home related
From: Greg House <ghouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 16:29:47 -0500

I thought this might interest some of you. I didn't know Cox was related to
@home before I read this. So you may see service issues as excite@home goes
under.

Greg

From:    smallbusinessbuzz@xxxxxxxxxxxx
bullet2
bullet2bullet2HOME WORK

News and commentary for owners of home-based businesses
By Michael Warshaw

The announcement of Excite@Home's bankruptcy earlier this week was hardly
news. The struggling broadband provider had been cutting costs and fighting
off fiscal failure for months. The real news of the announcement was in the
multitude of cable modem users suddenly left wondering if their Internet
connection would survive the latest dot-com debacle.

Excite@Home doesn't just provide cable service to it's own customers, it
also provides it to Comcast, Cox, and AT&T subscribers. If service is
interrupted because of financial squabbles, or if the dwindling number of
broadband providers leads to higher prices and poorer service, millions can
be affected.

  _____

Do You Yahoo!?
Make a great connection at Yahoo!
<http://rd.yahoo.com/mktg/mail/txt/tagline/?http://personals.yahoo.com>
Personals.

"Wow, I didn't know being a super hero could be so painful."

-- HTML Attachment decoded to text by Listar --
I thought that you would find this interesting!  This is from Small Business
Magazine to which I subscibe.

Be Blessed!

Scott Kliewer