Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 2001:
[aclug-L] XP vs linux

To: ACLUG_DISCUSSION <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] XP vs linux
From: Maverick <mluvw47@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 08:45:54 -0700 (PDT)

I tested drive the Win XP over to my new box.... what
MS new trick now?  using a "magic" key to activate the
OS.  I heard that the code is generate base on the
network card address or the serial number ofcpu
chipest. If a lot of change on the hardware side, the
OS won't work..'coz the "magic" key is invalid
anymore......oh boy...

After one week on XP, Guess I have enough,
fdisk /mbr
and put a debian on the CD, and make the XP become
part of my history.

Anyone got comments on XP?

Mav