Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Denied connections

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Denied connections
From: gLaNDix <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 00:14:40 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Chris Owen wrote:

> Does it only happen from class?  Where is that?  I'm looking right now and
> connectivity (from here at least) to lloydix.2y.net is rather amazing.
> 55ms average ping times is pretty much rockin considering we are going
> from UUNet to ATT and then accross cable.

strange...  unfortunately right now, i can only test from in class (the
new comp lab @ hesston college)...  it seems to be the worst with web
browsing...  the main page loads ok sometimes, but the webmail page almost
always loads slower (probably due to using imap or something)...  however,
there are still times (of up to a few hours) where i can't do anything
remotely and have to get on the machine to do anything...

> It could be a connectivity problem between "class" and AT&T.  Feel free to
> drop me a line when you are having problems and I can try it at that same
> time from a couple of different places.  We still have a
> Southwind/OneMain/Earthlink connection that gets to AT&T via Sprint and
> can also try it over our UUNet link.

i assume hesston goes thru kanren like tabor used to (same ip addresses),
but i'm not sure where it goes from there...

Thanks,
gLaNDix