Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Denied connections

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Denied connections
From: gLaNDix <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 23:36:18 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Arnold Cavazos Jr. wrote:

> What unnamed port do you have listening?  TCP or UDP?  Please include a

it's 3306...  can't think of anything it could be offhand...  but it's
been a long day...

> "uname -a" as well.  FreeBSD has had it's share of silly holes lately
> and has required one to "keep up" on patches quite a bit.

FreeBSD lloydix.2y.net 4.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE #1: Tue Aug 14
02:48:31 CDT 2001     glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/usr/src/sys/compile/LLOYDIX
i386

basically, i'm just slowly marking things off trying to figure out why in
the world my connections to lloydix.2y.net are SOOO slow...  sometimes,
when trying to access my webmail from class, i can't even connect to my
web browser...  this only started semi recently and i'm stumped as to
where to really start looking for possible problems...  that, and i've got
NetWare and Cisco stuff "bogging" down my mind after class, so i'm not
thinking 100% strait either... :^ )

gLaNDix