Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Denied connections

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Denied connections
From: gLaNDix <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 18:13:28 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 26 Aug 2001, Ironrose wrote:

> My co-workers that the code red is going after web servers no matter
> what NOS they are using.  I know they are wrong, but too bad they don't
> understand what the REAL issues are with the matter.  ~Ironrose

yes and no...  yes, code red can't infect any other systems than the
vunerable ones mentioned all over the web...  no, it doesn't care what OS
you're using... it tries anyway...  believe me, i've got enuf "GET
/default.ida?XXXXXXXXX..." entries in my web logs to prove that! : ^ )
now, can someone just write an anti-worm worm that hacks back in, sets
things right, installs the patch and reboots?  i've got a buck for the
first one to do it! : ^ )  (just think...  an entire 20minute call using
10-10-what-an-annoying-ad) : ^ )

gLaNDix