Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: IMAP help

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: IMAP help
From: Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 20:14:16 -0500

Matt Pankratz wrote:

> Okay,
>
> I'm trying to get IMAP working so I can install a web front-end to read my
> mail when I don't have ssh access.
>
> I'm running RH 7.1
>
> I know that imap is installed:
>
> [mattp@mattyp /etc]$ rpm -q imap
> imap-2000-9
>
> When I run linuxconf and try to start imap, I get the output below:

on RH 7.1 imap is installed as one of the services controlled by xinetd.
check the config files in /etc/xinetd.d and see if it is set to
"disable = yes"  All you need to do to get it working is change that
line to
"disable = no" then restart xinetd.

you will also probably need to do some config on sendmail to get
everything working right.

Jeff.