Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Webmail Frontends

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Webmail Frontends
From: "gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman)" <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 09:01:08 -0500 (CDT)

I haven't been following this thread very closely since i've been pulling
some allnighters getting freebsd up and running, but when i was at
websurf, i used AcmeMail (i think that's what it was called) and it worked
great...  here's what the freshmeat appindex says about it:

   "acmemail is a multiuser IMAP/POP3 to Web gateway (or webmail program).
   It reads mail from a mail server and displays it using HTML on a web
   server. It is written in Perl, has full support for MIME (and
   mod_perl), is quite pretty, and is GPL'd or distributed under the Perl
   Artistic License."

it's very simple to setup, but works great...  not a hotmail
work/look-a-like and it doesn't have some of the advanced options, but if
you want to check and send mail while still having access to the
attachments, it works pretty well..  another one I've looked at was
NeoMail...  i got it working on my home box (slack7 at the time), but was
never able to get it working at websurf (rh6.2) which is why i opted for
acmemail...  iirc,it's written in perl and uses pop3...

hope this helps!
gLaNDix

<<< lloydix.2y.net FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE #0: Thu Jul 5 06:16:31 CDT 2001
glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LLOYDIX >>>