Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 2001:
[aclug-L] SVG Viewer?

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] SVG Viewer?
From: "gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman)" <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 01:43:59 -0500 (CDT)

I'm trying to read some information on BattleBots.com that talks about
beginning building bots for compatition (sp?), but unfortunately the pages
contain information in the SVG format that requires the Adobe SVG viewer
to be installed...  does anyone know of a FreeBSD/Linux SVG viewer?  I've
found a port that claims to be able to view/create SVG files, but it's
still compiling!  ; ^ )

Also, the pages seem to detect if you have the plugin installed and bomb
w/ an error if you don't (rather than the broken-page-type icon)...
anyone have windows installed that they could d/l the SVG files and e-mail
them to me?

Also (OT), if anyone in this list is involved/interested in
BattleBots/Robotica/RobotWars/Bot Bash type compatition, could you post
any links to beginner/HOWTO sites?  I'm very interested in starting
screwing around w/ some stuff like this and maybe (in the not-so-near
future) entering some compatitions if i get good enuf, but unfortunatly I
don't have a lot of RC/robot experience...

Thx!
gLaNDix

<<< lloydix.2y.net FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE #0: Thu Jul  5 06:16:31 CDT 2001
glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LLOYDIX >>>