Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: I've been hacked

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: I've been hacked
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 12:12:00 -0500

I'm sorry to hear that, but I wondered if you'd found a root kit as I'd
suspected.

Now everyone repeat after me: "I will check for and apply security patches on a
regular basis." :-)  Seriously, most if not all distributions have either a
mailing list or place on their website that lists known security exploits.
Everyone that is connected to the internet, especially those who have a
broadband connection, should be closely watching for exploits and taking the
appropriate measure to close them.

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx