Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2001:
[aclug-L] Low pass Filters?

To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;@complete.org>
Subject: [aclug-L] Low pass Filters?
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 10:25:30 -0500

Can you help me find a "barrel style" blocking filter that will block all RF
signals higher than UHF channel 30 (567.25MHz)

The reason that I am looking for one is:

I am daisy chaining two "ChannelPlus" 'CO-BRANDED' Sony MRDD1's Audio/Video
modulators together.
(one of these in a second room feeding the first one with about 25' of RG6q
cable)
{I can not have all four devices in the same room due to 'IR' command crash
<aka like 'IR' commands for two different devices>}

Every thing is just fine with great picture until.. I add the external
antenna.. even then everything is fine except for one channel.. a local UHF
channel 36, which now has a bunch of herring bones, and ghosting.

If I turn off MRDD1 in the second room the reception troubles go away....

I have tried to select different channel output(s) with no luck on cleaning
up UHF channel 36.

Current internal created channels are: UHF 17, 20, 22, 28

UHF off the air stations are 15, 24, 33, 36

So I figure if I can find a blocking filter for the UHF channels starting at
UHF 30 the feed line from the second MRDD1 that this should clean the
signal?

David E. Carmichael
Southwestern Bell Internet:
Mailto: dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx