Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2001:
[aclug-L] help!

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] help!
From: Bob White <BobWhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 09:24:55 -1000

Hi!
I've been told you know about Rockridge format cds.
I have a Kenwood MP3 Player that plays MP3 disks, and it plays fine.
I burned a lot of disks that play, but ONE shows the LONG FILENAMES
in upper-lower case, and has the entire (31 character) filename, while all
the others do not!  I have tried the Joliet and iso9660 formats, and cannot
make anything that does the whole filename thing..  they all have the tilde
or underscore, and only the 8-3 format in the files... EXCEPT this ONE CD I
somehow burned.

CDR Diagnostic reports the one that works good to be ONLY IS09660 and
nothing else, while the others show ISO9660/jolliet extensions.

I use Easy CD Creator 4.03 and can't figure out what I did to make that one
cd that works good.  Do you have any ideas?  Is CD Creator capable of doing
the RockRidge format, and how is that done?

We don't know each other, but I'm hoping you have enough time to help me.
Thanks, and  . . . . Aloha from Hawaii!

                      \\\\|////
                      \\ ~ ~ //
                       ( @ @ )