Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2001:
[Fwd: [Fwd: Fwd: Subject: Gas Prices]]

To: jvetor@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Fwd: [Fwd: Fwd: Subject: Gas Prices]]
From: Garrett and Michelle Stenholm <stenholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 22:58:27 -0500

To: karen wick <klwickwire@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Mark & Kathleen Sokolow <sokolow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, mark miskell <ironhead@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Rebecca S. DeVries" <devries3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Scott & Kim Johnson <kimjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Stenholm, Garrett and Michelle" <gami@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Fwd: Fwd: Subject: Gas Prices]
From: Jack and Leslie Jenerou <jeneroul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 20:32:39 -0800
To: pjallen@xxxxxxxxxx, bouczek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bristadam@xxxxxxx, jeneroul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, tpaulson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, suz_weiss@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fwd: Subject: Gas Prices
From: SUTPUTT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 19:48:59 EST

From: Ourfatdog@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 22:45:06 EST
Subject: Subject: Gas Prices
To: bayneacres@xxxxxxxxx, barmstrong@xxxxxxxxxxx, EDLS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
 Desmerw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AzCastle@xxxxxxx, DianeLuLee@xxxxxxx,
 NtEddna@xxxxxxx, yellowhouse@xxxxxxxxx, Joanieretired@xxxxxxxxx,
 gkhunt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, janjim4@xxxxxxxx, Fracklet@xxxxxxx,
 mrluke@xxxxxxxxx, lpmay68@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, SUTPUTT@xxxxxxx,
 ljstaffen@xxxxxxxxx, bernlet@xxxxxxxxx, dwheaton@xxxxxxxxxxx,
 pdwitte@xxxxxxxxx

Subject: Gas Prices

This makes more sense than the don't buy gas on a certain day routine that
was going around in April or May.  Gasoline Prices! Whoever started this has
a good point.
-------------------------------
By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.49 is cheap. Me
too!  As it is now $1.58 for regular unleaded.  Now that the oil companies
and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think  that the cost of a gallon
of gas is CHEAP at less than
$1.50, we need to try an aggressive response. With the price of gasoline
going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.  The only way we
are going to see the price of gas come down is if we don't buy it.  But,
that's not really a practical option
since we all have come to rely on our cars.  But we CAN have an impact on
gas
prices if we all act together.

Here's the idea -
For the rest of this year, don't purchase gasoline from the two biggest
companies (which now are one),   EXXON and MOBIL.  If they are not selling,
they should be inclined to reduce their prices-and if they reduce their
prices the other companies will too.  But to have an impact, we need to
reach
literally millions of users.  But it's doable!
I am sending this note to 78 people.  If each of you send it to at least 10
more ...and those 10 send it to at least 10 more ...  and so on by the time
the message reaches the sixth iteration we will have reached over one
million
consumers.  Acting together we can make a difference.  If this makes sense
you, please pass  this message on, or one you compose, to at least 10
   ***** PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO  $1.28 -- $1.29
AND
KEEP THEM DOWN.  THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

--part1_24.10554d31.27a374fb_boundary--