Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: xcdroast

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: xcdroast
From: Jeff Schaller <schaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 09:13:59 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, kfellers wrote:

> I just downloaded xcdroast but being the very green newbie I
> am unsure where the program should reside, any suggestions?
> Also, anyone that has used this program or knows of a better
> burner program, have you had success with the program?

/usr/local/bin is a reasonable location for downloaded, non-system
software. I've used xcdroast, but being the hardcore command-line
guy that I am, I'm back to mkisofs & cdrecord :) Xcdroast is a
fine program, though.

-jeff
--
Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!
-- The green aliens, `The Monkey's Paw' in ``Treehouse of Horror II''