Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: debian, ppp, and ipmasq

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: debian, ppp, and ipmasq
From: Jeremy King <soapboxalpha@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 22:57:18 -0800 (PST)

Thanks, but...

the debian "ipmasq" package appears to set up all of
that info by default.  After further poking around on
the web I saw a comment about ipmasq getting confused
by dial-on-demand ppp configurations, such as I am
using.  After much pounding of my forehead against the
keyboard, I figured out that the script which starts
the ppp daemon needs to subsequently restart ipmasq.
When starting ppp at boot time, Debian apparently
starts ipmasq prior to starting pppd.  I corrected
that, and now my ppp can connect just fine.

now for DNS configuration...

Jeremy

http://tmp2.complete.org/cgi-bin/listargate-aclug.cgi