Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Has anybody fought M$ --ME for control to install linux du

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Has anybody fought M$ --ME for control to install linux dual boot?
From: "Michael Holmes" <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 19:52:33 -0600

The floppy does work and the mandrake loves this new computer.  Shame I lost
all of my home directory from the hard drive crash on the old computer.  I
must make a real effort to figure out how to use the hp ide cd burner.  I
have a few querks. I cannot make the sound drivers work, the screen is an
inch off to the right, and xvidtune, will not allow any further movement, as
it says I am at the limit.  And, I still have not figured out how to make
the Lucent modem work.  I know that there is a driver to run a lucent win
modem under linux, but just have not figured out where.  I am getting ready
to order win4lin, off of lsl.  I'll let everybody know how it works!

John, thanks for the tip of mandrake 7.0 off of the maximum linux magazine.

Mike