Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Lucent Chip-set Win modem

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Lucent Chip-set Win modem
From: "Jeremy King" <jmking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 07:16:54 -0500

I've seen some emails at work (I work for Lucent) regarding the lucent
lin-modem drivers.  Apparently, the people who developed the driver aren't
willing to release the source for the drivers, so the available binaries may
not work with all versions of the linux kernel.  I believe that they may
have posted the available binaries out on the web somewhere, but I could be
wrong about that.  I think that the drivers were developed at the request of
some linux companies (hardware or software, I don't know).  So, I would
check Redhat's site, and maybe valinux.  I figure that if any of the major
linux companies have posted the drivers, these two would have done so.

Jeremy