Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Has anybody fought M$ --ME for control to install linux d

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Has anybody fought M$ --ME for control to install linux dual boot?
From: Jonathan Hall <jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 11:58:46 -0500

If WinME doesn't let you dual-boot to Linux, would it let you dual-boot to
another MS OS?

What I'm thinking is....

Could you set up a 1-2mb DOS partition on your HD... and run loadlin from
there?

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 11:37:56AM -0500, Michael Holmes wrote:
> Thanks for the tip, I will try it!!  I may still put the extra hard drive
> and boot diskette, but it would be nice to have my loadlin back!!!!  I had
> went to loadlin how to and copied the auto exec bat suggestions into my
> autoexec file,and it was nice, just like loadlin, but much more adjustable
> on the fly.  Or is it that I am more comfortable in dos mode from the years
> of exp!
>
> Mike

A man in Johannesburg, South Africa, shot his 49-year-old friend in the
face, seriously wounding him, while the two practiced shooting beer cans off
each other's head.