Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: NE2K-PCI problem

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: NE2K-PCI problem
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 11:50:42 -0500

Have you installed any new cards or changed anything recently on this box?
I've seen the plug-and-play mess things up.  At the install, I had to tell
the bios on one machine that a non plug-and-play operating system was
installed, even though it dual booted with Windows.  PCI cards are supposed
to be able to share interrupts, but it often doesn't work well.  Take a look
at /proc/pci and /proc/interrupts; you should be able to see if there's an
IRQ conflict.

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx