Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: CDRW

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: CDRW
From: james l <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 11:43:45 -0500

I got a "IDE-CD ReWritable 2x2x6x" earlier for $100. After peeling that label
off I found it was an HP-c3680 (or something). I recomiled the kernal with
SCSI emulation, installed Xcdroast, and works great, except under Windows or
with Verbatim CD-Rs (which I have a lot of...) However, it took a while to
find how to do that, and do it, so I would reccomend a SCSI cd burner if you
can get one. Supposedly Yamahas works very well with linux, but I haven't
tried them. If you can, avoid coasters waiting to happen-type CD-Rs.

James L