Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: for you programming gurus

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: for you programming gurus
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 29 Aug 2000 08:52:50 -0500

John Reinke <jmreinke@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Ok. I've been programming on Linux for a while, but I haven't really
> utilized any of the many tools I'm sure are available on Linux. I've
> already accepted the fact that I'll have to figure out that clunky,
> convoluted, everything-and-the-kitchen-sink (X)Emacs.  ;-)  How do you set
> the default indentation style, though? I've checked every menu and submenu
> I could find...

I think it is c-set-style though I may be wrong....  Try M-x
c-set-style RET and see if it works.  If so, you can probable do this
in .emacs:

(c-set-style 'bsd)
or
(setq c-set-style 'bsd)

> One thing in particular that I think ought to exist is some tool for
> viewing source code. I need to study some code that someone else wrote, and
> it involves many files. When I see a function call, I'd like to be able to
> go directly to that function code, even if it is in another file.

There is a feature called "tags" that supports this.

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                       www.complete.org
Sr. Software Developer, Progeny Linux Systems, Inc.    www.progenylinux.com
#include <std_disclaimer.h>                     <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>