Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: pppd demand dial woes

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: pppd demand dial woes
From: "Carl B. Davis" <cdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 16:17:30 -0500

Greg

I had a similar problem with a similar setup.  I used "tcpdump" to
troubleshoot.  I don't think tcpdump came as part of the basic install.  I
had to acquire it elsewhere.  It allows you to trace the source for calls
that might be triggering the demand dialing.   The command looked like

tcpdump -a 'src or dst 206.53'

It helped me trace my problem to a troublesome client on the network.
Good luck.

Carl