Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: master makefile

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: master makefile
From: Steven Saner <ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 16:52:38 -0500

With GNU make you can do something like the following:

install-all:
        do stuff
        ${MAKE} -C foo install-all
        ${MAKE} -C bar install-all

This assumes that you have a directory "foo" and a directory "bar". Each
of them have a Makefile in them that has a target "install-all".

When you type "make install-all", this make file will do what ever is
in the "do stuff" section, it will then call the makefiles in foo and
bar and do whatever is in the install-all target of those.