Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: hrmmmm???

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: hrmmmm???
From: Jesse Kaufman <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 02:12:41 -0500 (CDT)

intersting, 2/3 of the "Jesse Kaufman"'s in the e-mail search aren't
me...  none of the JK's in the phone search are me...  and i'm not
about to start browsing the 11,216 more websites about "jesse kaufman"!
 : ^ )  on google, the first thing that comes up (when searching for
 gLaNDix) is my webpage...  the rest are all mailing lists and one
 guy's bookmark that points to my old webpage on Tabor's servers! : ^ )

gLaNDix

On 22 Jul, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 22, 2000 at 11:24:06PM -0500, Lowell wrote:
>> Folks,
>>      Went here
>>
>>              http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/
>>
>> on /.'s recommendation and ran myself through its search engine;
>> sure did see myself a LOT, mostly from messages I'd sent or re-
>> plied to to this list.
>
> Only found my old now out-of-date email addy and homepage.  Can't
> remember the #@$%~! password to change it.  Perhaps that's not
> such a bad thing as it gives the spammers one more black hole
> to deal with..
>
> Just do a Google search on your username and see how many places
> it turns up.  With the ubiquity of the Web anything you typed
> probably will be used against you at some point in time.  I can't
> wait...
>
> - Nate >>
>
> --
>  Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "None can love freedom
>  Internet | n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               | heartily, but good
>  Location | Wichita, Kansas USA EM17hs          | men; the rest love not
>    Wichita area exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | freedom, but license."
>              http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           | -- John Milton

<<< Linux lloydix 2.2.16 #3 Thu Jun 22 15:43:36 CDT 2000 i586 unknown >>>

Hello, steady customer!  How are you this evening, sir?
                -- Apu welcomes Homer, "Krusty Gets Busted"