Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Stupid/Petty question re screen savers

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Stupid/Petty question re screen savers
From: james l <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 17:43:02 -0500

KDE does something to screensavers. They were/are standard xscreensaver
programs. KDE uses customized screensavers. (Can someone explain what they do
aside from make them executable?)
GNOME on the other hand, uses simply xscreensaver, to do screensavers. So it
can run the standard screensavers. (Type xscreensaver to customize it without
GNOME's control program. This allows either a non-GNOME user or a GNOME user
to setup/start/change the screensaver.)
I haven't gotten xscreensaver to work with KDE (some of xscreensaver's
savers? are great), but I run the 2.0 betas.

James L