Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2000:
[aclug-L] Gateway video problem

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Gateway video problem
From: "Chris Bulmer" <chris_bulmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 15:50:38 -0500

Hello group. I was dropped a rush project and I need your assistance please. I
am setting up a lab full of Gateway computers with ATI Rage 128 video cards
(16MB). In reading news groups I came across a article that said SuSE had a
server for that card. So my question is... How do I install a new Server. I
have tried using XF86 SVGA server (256 color) but it blows up on the startx
command. All the computers work in text mode and I just need to get video by
the 23rd.

Also the computers are using Redhat 6.0... I know there is newer versions, but
that's what is included with their textbook.

Any help is appreciated.

Chris