Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: ISO hardware and chairs

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: ISO hardware and chairs
From: "Mohammad Islam" <sohel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 14:04:43 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: James <pantherace13@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 1998 12:11 PM

| You might go up to trailing edge. They have tons of ~200 MB SCSI HDs for
| $2 each. (You may want to figure out RAIDs)
|
| Note:This is what RAID(Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks) was designed
| for.
|

| James L

Hello,

umm... isn't a plain vanilla scsi controller different than a scsi RAID
controller? Suppose i have 3 scsi disks and a pci scsi controller. Now would  I
still be able to configure a RAID5?

NOTE: Does anybody know of a good site that talks about hardware and software
RAID on Linux platform?

Thanks.

Moe