Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2000:
[aclug-L] Sparc Linux...nice.

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Sparc Linux...nice.
From: Greg House <ghouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 00:36:53 -0500

I installed Red Hat 6.2 for Sparc on a generic Sparc-clone box (uses
a Sun UltraAX motherboard) at work yesterday and I have to tell you that it was
the easiest Linux install I've ever done.

Very clean install, and everything went right the first time. Seems to run very
strong, even though the processor isn't the fastest one out there anymore. I
was pleasantly surprised. I wasn't sure that I'd be able to use that machine
for the testing I wanted to do, but it looks like it'll make a nice Linux test
machine!

Greg