Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: XFree86-4.0 problems

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: XFree86-4.0 problems
From: "Dan Hull" <hulldb67@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 21:45:46 CST

I had the exact same problem with the boards I had with SIS chips. I had started to think it was my AMD chip at first, because it installed fine on both my Intel and Cyrix chipped boards, only to find that both of those boards had Via Apollo chipsets.

SIS is a good chip, but doesn't like linux very well. Only certain chipsets by SIS are compatible and work well.