Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Starting an E-Business...Just need a couple of things.

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Starting an E-Business...Just need a couple of things.
From: Jonathan Hall <jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 14:41:24 -0600

First thing you'll need is some capitol... Do you have any VCs interested in
your business plan?  With that money, you can begin advertising... placing
ads in computer publications, etc.

Any print shop can do personalized business cards.

A couple questoins I have... who will be in your R&D dept?  How are your
prototypes working?

Building desktop PCs is easy... you can assemple premanufactured parts (I do
that all the time).

Building laptops and stereos is a much larger task... probably requiring
hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions, to put together an R&D
department and a manufacturing plant.

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 02:05:57PM -0600, Patrick R. Klee wrote:
> Greetings,
>       I am starting a business in Wichita, that builds and sells desktops,
> laptops and Mp3 stereo PC's,  There is, of course, a few problems:
>
> - How do I advertise?
>
> - Where do I get personalized business cards with name, email addy, phone
> number, etc..
>
> - Who on the list knows XML besides me?
>
> If I can conquer these three things, I think I can start the business.
>
> Other advise welcome (Don't give me advise like everyone has an e-business,
> why
> do YOU need one!)
> I already know the answer: Yes!  Everyone has their own business, but I need
> MY
> own way of making money.
>
> Sorry, don't mean to make that sound like I am mad, but I am fed up with
> network marketing strategies.

Useless fact #2: The national anthem of Greece has 158 verses. No one in
Greece has memorized all 158 verses.