Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: setting date

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: setting date
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 15:02:22 -0600

You don't say whether the other machines on the network are linux boxes or
windows boxes.  On DOS/Windows machines you can issue the following command:
C:\WINDOWS\NET.EXE time  \\{servername} /set /yes.  This uses the time
parameter to the net command to connect to \\{servername}, the /set says you
want to sync your time, not just get the current time at the server, and the
/yes says do it without prompting me.  I use this in my windows start folder
so that everytime windows boots it resyncs with the linux server box on my
network. This probably only works if you have netbios services running, i.e.
samba.

--dwh