Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: user 0 : computer 3

To: "'discussion@xxxxxxxxx'" <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: user 0 : computer 3
From: "Michael A. Holmes" <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 08:47:20 -0600

sis 5597, sound pro on board.  Red Hat 6.0 does not support the sound card,
but other wise it is a stable trouble free so I went back to it and instead
of using lilo, I copied john's trick and used the loadlin.exe with a photo
copy of my kernel.  I now have the best install ever.  I just mis the sound
from the 6.1, but I can read the xwindow screen!  :-)  I wanted to try the
debian, but it would not support my video card,and I will not look at a ega
screen :-(

Mike