Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2000:
[aclug-L] Ethernet IRQ problem

To: ACLUG <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Ethernet IRQ problem
From: Sanjay Dhar <sxdhar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 12:39:15 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

I dual boot b/n Linux/Win 98. I am now using RH 6.1 with a 3Com 3c905
10/100 Ethernet Adapter(driver is 3c59x.o). For some strange reason, Linux
wants to use IRQ 0 for my ethernet controller. I had the same problem when
I was using a Compaq Netelligent 10/100 ethernet controller(driver is
tlan.o). Is there any way I can assign the IRQ of my choice to any of
these cards. BTW they are both PCI cards which work fine in Win 98.

Thanks,
Sanjay