Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: networking help needed

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: networking help needed
From: Benjamin Bunck <bbunck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 08:36:20 -0600 (EST)

> How do I get Linux to recognize that I have 96MB of RAM?
> > >
> > >IIRC, 2.2.x kernels will see the RAM without help, whereas you will have
> > >tell lilo append "mem=96M".  From the BootPrompt-HOWTO:

I had this problem initially.  Here is what the changed portion of my
lilo.conf file  looked like after the adjustment:

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.12-20
        label=linux
        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.2.12-20.img
        read-only
        root=/dev/hda5
        append="mem=96M"

then from a prompt, just run lilo.  Afterwards reboot.  I use RHL6.1, but
I would assume everything is the same with Debian (?)

Ben