Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Install question

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Install question
From: glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 09:55:37 -0600 (CST)

On 18 Jan, Jeffrey L. Hansen wrote:
> I'm probably being a bit simplistic in my personal approach to this
> problem, but what I would do is simply remove the CD from the other
> machine, do the install (or transfer the files to the hard drive) and
> proceed from there.  After the installation is complete it should be a
> trivial task to return the hardware to normal config.  Am I missing
> something?

haahaa!  same here...  whenever my old roommate would come to visit
(before i had my burner), i'd rip my cdrom out of my computer, and put
his burner in instead (i've got all my IDE stuff full)...    didn't
want to do the network thing, 'cause last time he came, we were
installing linux on his box...

jesse
--
<<<Linux lloydix 2.2.14 #1 Tue Jan 18 01:00:14 CST 2000 i586 unknown>>>

I can understand how they wouldn't let in those wild
jungle apes, but what about those really smart ones
who live among us who rollerskate and smoke cigars?

                -- Homer Simpson, on Heaven
                   The Telltale Head