Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: NFS or Samba

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: NFS or Samba
From: "Carl B. Davis" <cdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 09:07:55 -0600

Take a look at encrypted passwords.  There are a couple of ways to deal with
it.  You can enable Samba to handle encrypted passwords in the smb.conf file, or
you can disable encrypted passwords on the client computer.  Your problem sounds
very similar to one I just had in putting a Win98 computer on my network.  I
disabled encrypted passwords on the client using regedit.   There is lots of
info on this if that is your problem.

Carl