Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2000:
[aclug-L] Distro Recomendation

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Distro Recomendation
From: "Bob Bonifield" <augur@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 15:25:42 -0600

I was wondering what disto you guys would suggest if I'm looking to have a
Linux box as a IpMasq server on a network of about four computers.  I don't
have problems setting up IpMasq so much in Redhat, but the HD space is enough
to fit redhat without x system but I was wondering if there is a distro that
you guys would suggest more than that?  Also, what, if any, development
essentials do I need to install if I'm looking to setup the box?  I was under
the belief that you need them all along with the kernel source so you an
compile misc. drivers and applications here and there, but I'm wondering if
that is truly the fact.  Thanks in advance.

-----
Bob Bonifield
augur@xxxxxxxxxxx
ICQ: 1584053