Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Printer problem

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Printer problem
From: lowell <lowell@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 13:23:36 -0600

Leon Do - Lucent ASCC wrote:

> I  cannot print anything out of my printer.   It does work a month
> ago.   I use HP3 laser jet printer.    Is there anything that I need to
> check?

Leon,
        Consult your /etc/printcap file and see what's there; if you could copy
it into a message and post it here, you might get some better help than
I can give.
        Two things I thought of: HP printers don't talk postscript, do they?
Don't they speak PCL, HP's proprietary language? and perhaps the exact
model name of your printer? That and the above-mentioned file might get
you somewhere, although things are pretty quiet around here today.

RSVP

Lowell

--
"Chaos, panic, & disorder-