Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Clock problems,

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Clock problems,
From: glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 18:46:36 -0600 (CST)

On 29 Dec, Jeff wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Patrick R. Klee wrote:
>
>>     I am having problems with my clock in X-Windows.  I let my
>> Linux box run all night and all day, but when I wake up the next
>> morning, my clock is set to PM, or if I am on the internet, like
>> now, in the evening, it says AM.  I know how to fix it, but it
>> keeps resetting.  HELP :-)

i have a similar problem...  on my system, my clock periodically
advances a minute or two until (like now) it's almost 20 minutes ahead!
 this *seems* to happen when i reboot into windows (which was
 originally set to my wall clock just like linux), but it may also
 happen on reboots from linux back into linux (haven't tested enuf to
 be sure)...

ideas?
jesse

--
<<<Linux lloydix 2.2.13 #8 Wed Dec 22 02:31:05 CST 1999 i586 unknown>>>

I want to share something with you -- the three little
sentences that will get you through life.  Number one,
`Cover for me.'  Number two, `Oh, good idea, boss.'
Number three, `It was like that when I got here.'

                -- Homer Simpson
                   One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Bluefish